Many companies who don’t use a NO-COST hotel and cruise partner to help them evaluate their hotel selections often do the hotel research on their own and take too many risks. They don’t understand how a third party can actually save them considerable time and money, all while minimizing their financial risk at NO COST to them. Every year, we get several horror story calls from new prospects who ask us to get involved and help them out of a troublesome contract they shouldn’t have signed on their own.
At all costs, you need to avoid:
· Picking a leisure hotel that provides excellent stays for senior management’s vacations. Only certain hotels actually “do” groups well. You need to know which ones fall into this category to avoid a disappointing event.
· Finding a hotel online that you feel will deliver for your event. Have you spoken with other planners who have had events there, only to be disappointed? There are too many unknowns, and having professional guidance can save your event’s success.
· Repeating a booking with a hotel you haven’t used in a few years without asking all the right questions and signing the contract “sight unseen.” We recently sent three clients on a site visit to a group hotel that we’d used in years before with raving success, insisting that they also allow us to showcase alternative hotels. All three clients refused to sign the contract with the intended hotel and thanked us for sharing our knowledge on the changes in management, room product and service levels. Hotels can go out of style as quickly as fashion trends.
Using our NO-COST hotel and cruise research and contracting services helps ensure you won’t end up calling “Mayday!” Find out why so many clients refer us and come to count on our unbelievable services, especially for repeat events.
International destinations continue to be hot for group business. How long will it last? Foreign conversion, forward contracts, VAT / GST processing, customs shipping—what areas of expertise and savings are missing from your “pot” that can cost you tens of thousands with your event?
- Booking directly may result in your quickly signing off on a contract without knowing what you don’t know, including potential savings opportunities.
- Speculating on the dollar can be dangerous. Your partner should help you understand the 15% rule to determine whether booking in this destination is the right move for your company. Making the wrong choice can ruin your event’s dynamics and future event budgets, too.
- Failing to conduct a site inspection or going on a poorly-planned one is a waste of your staff’s time, and it devalues your trip. Know what is essential to include and which destinations to avoid.
- Picking the right destination at the right time is critical. Some years, there are important reasons why some of the most popular destinations should not be at the top of your list. Also, sometimes it’s great to be at a specific destination on a specific day (in Ireland for St. Paddy’s Day, for example), but other times, there are special risk factors you should know about.
When you partner with our destination experts, you get additional value-added benefits that often result in rebates and discounts that you can’t get on your own. Putting these dollars back in your event budget can often help you offset bringing more attendees, paying for your site and reducing your overall event budget. Due to the large volume of events we plan all over the world, we can help guide you to success—whether it’s in the Caribbean, Mexico or even the spectacular country of Ireland.
Last minute budget approval and procrastination around the end of the year often brings frantic efforts to quickly book a hotel for your next year’s event. Doing so on your own can put you at huge risk.
• Avoid a hotel that insists you rush through the contract to sign off on it before the holidays, eliminating the proper review channels. (The timing may only be beneficial for the hotel sales person’s year-end sales bonus.)
• Sharing too much information can take you out of the driver’s seat. Understand what information allows you to have multiple hotels clamoring for your business and how to land that stellar deal.
• Getting the wrong person to handle your event dynamics can make the difference between a fantastic event and a mediocre one.
Our NO-COST hotel/cruise and speaker bureau booking services protect you from potential pitfalls you may not even know about, ensuring you have a successful and enjoyable event. We insist on contractual protection clauses that address your hot buttons, ensure you get the right meeting space (too many people skip this step only to have a terrible hotel experience) and protect your financial interests. Why not give our services a try and discover why we have hundreds of raving fans and have built our business based on referrals, even at the year-end last minute. Oh yeah, seriouslyat NO COST to you.